Sunday, September 11, 2011

That School that I'm At

So I realize I haven't really mentioned where at all I am studying. I am at Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) studying exclusively Mandarin. My life is pretty chill given that I only have 4 hours of class every day from 8:30 to 12:30 and then basically have the rest of the day to do whatever I feel like.

This is the area in which i live:

from a lovely bird's eye view. That is basically the entire campus cropped in the picture (it's pretty small), and my dorm is on the bottom right (those two really tall buildings are both international dorms). Then the building up top is the main building, and that's where I have all my classes.

The campus is super close to the 五道口(wu3dao4kou3) subway station so that is super nice. Also a mall (hahaha), that is MAINLY NICE because it has a large department store where I can buy things like kettles.
Also I learned some very new important words in this past week:

建怡可乐(jian4yi2ke3le4) - Diet Coke (because apparently words like "Diet" and "Light" are simply not understood)

拿铁(na2tie3) - Latte (this is actually a loaner word)

Haha, I'm pretty sure all of the words I learn outside of class are going to relate to food. Also, more to come on my exciting weekend soon!

hearts and stars,
马雅

1 comment: